Saturday, March 22, 2014

A Fabulous Concert AND I Cheated On My Facebook Fast

Last night we went to a concert and I just HAD to share with my Facebook friends, so I quickly posted from my phone. It was just too exciting not to share. So, I cheated on my Facebook fast.

As well, I've found myself sharing posts from other websites, when given the chance. However, I have done very well in that I have not logged onto Facebook and sat there and read absolutely everything that has posted to my wall, like I was doing before. Sometimes I'd sit there and read for over an hour. Well, I love to read. I see a link, click it and read that article. Then, I'll go back and do it over and over again. And, of course, I have to click on all the photos and recipes and look those over thoroughly.

I must say, that I am finding better use of my time, although sometimes I do miss the good little reads the Internet offers so freely. I think I'll be glad when my fast is over and I can go back to check what's up on Facebook and read my articles, see the photos of all the cute little kiddies and see what my friends and family are up to after all this time. I'm starting to miss it. It wasn't so hard, at first. But, I am beginning to feel a tug.


Hampton Coliseum
Our concert last night was a lot of fun. We went to the Third Day and Skillet concert presented by Food For the Hungry - a Christian concert to raise money for children in Africa. There were a lot of wonderful artists and it was great to be in the huge coliseum with all those other Christians.

The concert kicked off with We As Human. They were a little too hard rock for us, but they were very talented and had a lot of wonderful lyrics and great testimony.

They were followed by Brandisa - better known as Brandon Heath and Mandisa - both fabulous voices and they make a great duet; although we highly apprciate their solo voices just as much. Boy, did they have some energy up on that stage. And Mandisa was really going all over the place in those VERY high red heels. I think I would've toppled over doing most of the moves she was making! Lots of energy there. The guitarist from Skillet came out on stage to do a number with Brandon Heath and that was crazy.

Later, there was Peter Furler, who sang "He Reigns", which - of course - was awesome. That three person band can really put out a lot of good sound!

Third Day
They were all followed by Third Day, which I totally loved AND - be still my heart - Skillet!!! Wow - can those bands really put on a show! The light show was amazing. Skillet literally rocked the packed coliseum. I mean, my seat was actually shaking and I could feel the floor pounding under my feet!

What a night!

Next month, we are looking forward to seeing Aaron Shust in concert along with MIKESCHAIR, Johnny Diaz and Lauren Daigle. If you are in my area, you should check it out, grab some tickets and come on over.

(Be sure to click on all the links to listen to some awesome music. The link to Food for the Hungry will take you to their website for more information on their project. The link to Aaron Shust will take you to ticket information for his concert. Have fun and enjoy the music.)

3 comments:

  1. I've missed you Laurie! But I'm so glad you are doing well! I'll see you sometime between May 8th and 20th!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've missed you, too, Jinny B! :-) After Easter, I'll have to go to your page to play catch up.
    Can't wait to see you! Keep us posted. We'll be waiting with open arms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And thanks for following my blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete