Sunday, March 9, 2014

It's A Beautiful Day!


Ichibon's in New Towne
I love the cute little pink box.
After we went to get our worship on this morning, we headed off to Ichiban's in New Towne for lunch. They have great Chinese food and equally great service and atmosphere. We both got General Tso's chicken with fried rice and spring rolls. The salad had a wonderful carrot and ginger dressing. I'm going to have to search for a similar dressing recipe. It's was something different and we both love fresh homemade dressings.

We walked over to the Williamsburg Cupcake to grab a 24 carrot cupcake to share for dessert later. I just had a bite and that was enough sweet to last me for awhile. You could taste the butter in the cream cheese frosting. Delicious! For $2.75 for a regular sized cupcake, it's a pretty good cupcake. I think it's a bit pricey compared to other cupcake shops I've been to, but we had to try it. It was very sweet and very rich. Definitely worth the try. However, we both agreed we didn't think we'd go back. It was just a bit too rich and sweet for us and we thought it was just a bit too high for it's size.

I saw the Son Of God today! (Not everyone can say that.)
Then, we walked over to the movie theater to grab some tickets to see the Son Of God (the movie, not the person - lol!).

The movie was very good, but as always, the book is better. Some details were left out, added or re-arranged. I suggest reading the Gospel of John for all the true details. Other than that, it was an excellent film produced by Rona Downey (who also plays Mary, mother of Jesus during His adulthood).

And I ALWAYS love hearing the song they played during the credits, "Mary, Did You Know". Click here to hear the song and see some scenes from "Son Of God" (the video says it is from Rona Downey's movie last year, "The Bible". I didn't see that one, so I'm not sure, but they are the same scenes from "Son Of God'.)

If you get a chance, I highly recommend it, but read the book of John first. I'm just kind of a stickler for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment