Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Nature and Facebook Fast Update

Pine After Rain
It's been well over a week since my last blog and it was my intention to blog most days. However, just my mundane daily life was happening and there really wasn't anything of interest to share.

However, we've been having all sorts of different seasons in a short amount of time. It's raining today - a cold, blistery rain. Yesterday it was rain, sleet and SNOW on St. Patrick's Day! The day before that, it was 70 degrees and sunny outside and the backyard was full of very happy birds chirping loudly.

In spite of all the different seasons every day, they have all been beautiful one way or another - in their own ways.

I saw that my daffodils are blooming. I picked all the ones that had bloomed and brought them inside - just a few small ones. I was afraid the sleet and snow would kill them and thought I'd enjoy their beauty inside. My vinca is blooming and I love my vinca. My grandmother had some and it always reminds me of her when I look at it. The lilac bush that my husband gave to me for my birthday years ago has buds on it. There is hope and signs of a coming spring promised from nature.

I started this blog for Facebook friends who said they would miss me. I have been trying to fast from Facebook through Lent. However, Facebook seems to be everywhere, even when I'm not on Facebook. Things I see online all have that "share" button that links to Facebook, so I can post without really having to be on the site. I've done that a few times. I'm not sure if that qualifies for the fast or is that considered cheating? Hmmm.... I don't know.

I rather miss being on there, but I don't miss being on Facebook as often as I had been prior to this fast. I think I was getting on there too much, which is one of the reasons I decided to do this. I needed to pay attention to other things going on around me and since I've been off of Facebook, I've had some added blessings in my life. I'm not saying that they are related to Facebook, at all, but I think because I am using my time in a different way, it has led me down a different path to better experiences.

I've been keeping in touch with some via Google+, Twitter, emails and Skype. So, that has been fun.

However, I'll be glad when I can get back on and check up on what everyone has been doing. I miss seeing the photos - especially the children. I wonder if there have been any birthdays I've missed. And I wonder how tall the grass has grown on my game.

No comments:

Post a Comment