Saturday, March 8, 2014

The Farmer's Market is Open for the Season!

Off to the Farmer's Market
Spring is here - well, almost! It's a beautiful sunny day with spring like weather and we went out to enjoy it!

Our Farmer's Market opened today for the season and half the town - and their dogs - were there. One man said his dog was excited because the Farmer's Market was opened. (I wonder how his dog knew that because I don't think my dogs know it even exists.)

There were lots of good smells and wonderful things to see. We ended up buying some meat and I bought a little tiny jar of jam. (See in the picture below.) I loved the little jar because we don't eat too much jam, so it was a perfect find.

On our way back to the car, we decided to find a bench and sit and drink our coffee. (I had brought a thermos because the morning was still a bit cool.) We couldn't resist reaching into our bag of Farmer's Market finds and tearing off a piece of the delicious focaccia bread we had purchased from a bakery in Richmond.

Our Farmer's Market Finds
Going back home, we stopped at Moe's to share a plate of delicious nachos. Oooo, I can still taste that gooey, melted cheese.

After that, we ran some errands and came back home. It's been a beautiful Saturday.

Comment below and let me know what you were up to this weekend - or send me an email. I'd love to hear from you.


No comments:

Post a Comment